Attendance and Check ins
The state of Oregon has issued attendance mandates for students attending online classes. Per the state of Oregon, you must check in with each of your teachers twice per week. Specific rules for check-ins:
- The check-in may be via phone, email, text, chat, or video conference
- The check-in must be a substantial two way communication between the student and the teacher
- Leaving a voicemail that your teacher does not return does not count as a check-in, for example.
- Both check-ins must occur on weekdays – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. This is a state rule.
- One (1) check-in per week counts as 3 days of being present. Two (2) check-ins per week counts as 5 days of being present. 5 days would be considered full time for the week.
- The check-in must be with the actual teacher of your ORVED class – not the principal, registrar, or technical support person. If you are unsure how to contact your teacher, please ask us! We will help you.
Discussion Based Assessments:
Part of the ORVED attendance requirements is disucssion based assessments ( DBA) These will occur at the end of each module. There are about 4-5 modules in a semester class. This is simply a check point for the teacher to see if you are ready to move forward in the class. This is a phone call, you must talk to your teacher before moving on.