Meeting Minutes - 04.15.2016

Attendance

Board: Ozzie Rose, Paul Zastro, Charan Cline, Laurie Wimmer

Staff: Paul Peterson, Kerri Smith, Marghee Mercer, Becca Rigert

1. Call to Order of Regular Meeting
    President, Paul Zastrow called the regular meeting to order at 10:05 am.
  2. Consent Items
    No consent items reported at this time.
  3. Reports
    1. Executive Director Report
      1. Southern Oregon University has expressed strong interest in working with
      1. ORVED has hired a website developer to make our website easier to use for
      2. Paul has been assigned to help in Knappa with superintendent duties, while they
      3. Numbers Update
    1. Board Members Report
      1. No Report at this time.
    2. Grant Marketing – Marghee Mercer
      1. Marghee stated that the high demand in classes right now is in foreign
    3. Assessment Update – Becca Rigert
      1. The Smarter Balanced state testing window opened on February 9th. Since then ORVED to provide college credits to students that successfully complete some of our AP courses. Their departments leaders are evaluating the content of a couple of our courses, and if they find the level of rigor and assessments within the course meet their expectations, and if our ORVED instructor has a master degree, then they could offer a college credit, without the student being required to take the high stakes AP exam.
      2. Paul has also begun some initial discussions with TBCC, Clackamas Community College.
      3. ORVED has hired a website developer to make our website easier to use for parents and counselors.
      4. Paul has been assigned to help in Knappa with superintendent duties, while they are in transition to a permanent superintendent. He will be in Knappa a couple days each week through June 30th.
      5. Numbers Update:
        1. Course registrations to date: 2155
        2. Active Courses: 930 + 250 from TTOA for a total of 1,175 Paul has also begun some initial discussions with TBCC, Clackamas Community
  1. Paul has also begun some initial discussions with TBCC, Clackamas Community
  2. languages. We are currently serving 46 schools out of 133 off of the grant.
  3. we have tested students in Junction City, St. Helens, La Grande, Gilchrist and in
  4. our office. We have a total of 24 students that we need to test in which 8 have
  5. already been tested and 4 have opted out. Next week we will be testing in
  6. McMinnville St. Helens, Seaside and at our office. We are continuing to sign
  7. students up for testing and have a goal to be complete by the end of February.
  8. 4. Communication
  9. 5. Old Business
  10. a. No reports at this time.
  11. a. ORD Contract
  12. i. Paul Peterson received a phone call stating that ODE had a misunderstanding
  13. between NWRESD and ORVED. The lawyer went through the contract and
  14. realized that they needed to send us a contract for a non-profit organization.
  15. They will be sending out a new contract soon. Paul is to speak with ODE
  16. regarding possibly getting the lawyer fee paid.
  17. 6. New Business
  18. a. Financial Reports
  19. i. Paul Peterson reported that the current expenditures are as follows
  20. ii. We are currently serving 43 FT Charter, 16 PT Charter for West and 2 FT Charter
  21. b. Zoom vs Join.me
  22. i. This will be our last meeting that we will be using Join.me as of March 18, 2016
  23. c. Matt Greves
  24. i. Paul Peterson will have a pdf of audit report for next month.
  25. d. HB 4091 Testimony
  26. i. Paul Peterson recently found out that the bill is dead.
  27. e. Policies First Reading
  28. ($41,365.54, MTD; $348,289.86, YTD).
  29. and 1 PT Charter for East. We are currently serving a total of 62 Charter
  30. students. For overall enrollments we currently have 2155.
  31. we will start using Zoom for board meetings.

1. The below policies will need to be approved at next meeting.

a. AC

b. AC-AR

c. JEDA-New

d. GBK/JFGG/KGC

Adjourned at 10:30 am by Paul Zastrow.

Next Meeting will be March 18th, 2016 @ 10 am via Zoom